1250 word (roughly 4 page) essay in which you respond to one of the essays
making at least one reference to the essay per paragraph, preferably with direct quotations. Through the essay’s structure and content, the writer will demonstrate his/her developing mastery of the expectations for college writing. These include:
1. A specific thesis statement that clearly tells the reader the route your essay will take.
2. Strong, controlling topic sentences that are directly related to the content of your paragraphs.
3. Supporting paragraphs that consistently point back to the plan outlined in your thesis.
4. An introduction and conclusion that creatively appeals to the reader.
5. Consistent use of textual evidence to support your thesis.
Choose whether you disagree or agree with the topic of standardized testing.
Formatting. Your essay should use 12-point Times New Roman font and be double-spaced. Please keep your margins one inch all the way around the page; also, include page numbers in the top right hand corner of each page