edit the answers for the questions
make sure reword some of the words
example, I used a lot of help and I need to change it into sometime more professional
make sure the spelling is correct
make sure answers are in complete sentences.
the paper is attached
1. What are your major and ultimate career goals (be specific)? What have you done to help prepare you for your major and career path?
I am majoring in International Studies with a certificate of Community Engagement and. My ultimate goal is to be able to work with non governmental organizations such as the United Nation. It’s my career goal to help people who are in need and my plan is to start within my own community. My Community Engagement certificate gives me the chance to volunteer for local shelters. I plan on gaining additional skills by getting internships and continuing my involvement. My major allows me to put my passion into work and it gives me the ability to join such an organization that is guine about helping others. Being able to help people who once I was in their shoes brings me joy and happiness.
2. What were the two challenges that you experienced during the previous academic year? How did you overcome those challenges, and what did you learn from those challenges?
Time management was a challenge that I have struggled with for a while. Not being able to manage my time has caused me anxiety and overwhelmed me. I had times to just try to get everything done but I could not because I was not prioritising. I have learned managing my time is the control and focus of my actions for the purpose of improving efficiency. I have learned to set goals and establish priorities. I understood that planning and scheduling the steps needed to achieve my goal was important. Another challenge that I have overcome is networking. I did not understand the importance of working with others and how it can affect me as a person. I have always been a person that works alone in their one space but I have learned that working alone would not get me to reach my career plan. I learned networking establishes strong working relationships and I also learned networking allows me to see different perspectives or certain topics. Overall it helped me grow as a person and gain experiences that I need.
3. Did you spend time volunteering or serving during the previous academic year? If yes, where and briefly explain your experience (what you did, who you helped, what did you take away from your experience? What did you accomplish? If no, what are your plans for future volunteering and service? Please answer in 250 words or less. Please spell check, sentence structure, etc.
The service that I volunteer in is the Shalom center food pantry. Shalom center services the Kenosha low-income community, people who lost their jobs due to mental illness and homeless people. They also service Kenosha county low-income residents who are experiencing hunger. As a volunteer, I have accomplished things that I thought I would never be able to achieve. I have increased self-esteem and now I am more confident than I ever was. I have learned that I was not the only person who grew up in a hard life. I can confidently say that I have gained an experience that would help me to look at the world from a different perspective. I have always been the kind of person that would never come up to someone and start the conversation, but since I was a force to start the conversation with the workers because volunteers have to come up to the shoppers and let them know they can help, I became more comfortable starting a conversation with others.
4. Do you have any noteworthy accomplishments from the previous academic year (2019-2020)? Did you win any awards, join any organizations, participate in service organizations, etc.? If so, what awards, what organizations, and what recognition did you receive? Please answer in 250 words or less. Please spell check, sentence structure, etc.
I am a member of Muslim Student Association and we do a lot volunteers within the Kanosha community. We also increase awareness about the Muslims culture. I am also part of the Student Support Services TRIO. This program is to help students academic/career advising. The program offers peer coach students who are there to help their fellow new student and its leadership mentoring program. I have been a member for about three years and now I am a Success Peer Coach to my mentees who are incoming freshman students.
5. What do you hope to accomplish during the upcoming academic year (2020-2021)? Please answer in 250 words or less. Please spell check, sentence structure, etc.
During the upcoming year, I hope to accomplish the skills and the ability to be a successful leader to my mentees. I also hope to meet their needs and help them sense of belonging at UW-Parkside because I know how left out we can feel at times specially when we are new to a place. For my academic goals, I plan to have a successful school year. I also plan to find internships that help me gain experiences and put me on track for finding a job after graduation.
7. What advice would you give your graduating self from high school, or new incoming first-year college students preparing for college? Please answer in 250 words or less. Please spell check, sentence structure, etc.
My advice to my graduating self from high school would be to take it easy and do not stress out because stress can cause you to be overwhelmed and that can distract you from your goals. I would say college is hard but it is doable and I know you can do it. It is okay to put yourself first and say no sometimes because managing your time and getting your priorities straight is essential in college. The most important advice that I can give myself or anyone else is that believing in yourself is key and you will come across a lot of people who doubt what you are capable of but do not let that stop you. I have read this quote that said “ The only validation you need is your own” and I truly believe that.
8. How will the scholarship assist you in achieving your educational goals? Please answer in 250 words or less. Please spell check, check for proper sentence structure, etc
Receiving this scholarship will help me achieve my career and educational goals. It will help me to lower the cost of my college and the amount of hours I will need to work throughout my studies. This way I will be able to continue with my academic achievements and find the time to apply for internships and will provide an experience to find a job after graduation. This scholarship will increase my opportunity to take multiple classes for my major and certificate.