1. Describe how total variable costs and unit variable
costs behave with changes in the level of activity.
2. Which of the following costs would be classified as
variable and which would be classified as fixed, if
units produced is the activity base?
a. Direct materials costs
b. Electricity costs of $0.35 per kilowatt-hour
3. Describe how total fixed costs and unit fixed costs
behave with changes in the level of activity.
4. In applying the high-low method of cost estimation,
how is the total fixed cost estimated?
5. If fixed costs increase, what would be the impact on the
(a) contribution margin? (b) income from operations?
6. An examination of the accounting records of
Clowney Company disclosed a high contribution
margin ratio and production at a level below maximum capacity. Based on this information, suggest a
likely means of improving income from operations.
7. If the unit cost of direct materials is decreased, what
effect will this change have on the break-even point?
8. Both Austin Company and Hill Company had the
same unit sales, total costs, and income from operations for the current fiscal year; yet Austin Company
had a lower break-even point than Hill Company.
Explain the reason for this difference in break-even
9. How does the sales mix affect the calculation of the
10. What does operating leverage measure, and how is
The list is limitless. Research, term papers, dissertations, thesis, editing — all options are included. Even if you have a unique type of task, our writers are creative and meticulous enough, and they know how to take care of it. Application essays You plan to apply to a college or a uni of your dreams and need a clever