In 300-400 words post a summary of and thoughtful response to the following article:
see attachment “PART ONE”
choose three articles listed below to summarize in no more than 200 words each, demonstrating your understanding of the ways in which museums have been corporatized. Be sure to mention at least one of the case studies listed below in your summary.
choose three of the following and Read them: you will find the files in the attachments and some of them are links not files
– Janes, Robert, “Museums, Corporatism and the Civil Society,” in Museums Without Borders (2016).
– Andrea Fraser, “A Museum is not a business. It is run in a business-like fashion,” Art and Its Institutions (Black Dog Publishing, 2006), ed. by Nina Montmann, pp. 86-98.
– Saloni Mathur, “Museums and Globalization,” in Museum Studies: An Anthology, pp. 510–516.
– Wetenhall, John. “Why Not to Run Your Museum ‘More Like a Business’,” Museum, May/June 2017
– Michael Kraten, “The Met and MoMA: Non-Profit Luxuries?” (Links to an external site.) June 13, 2011: https://savethebluefrog.com/2011/06/13/the-met-and-moma-nonprofit-luxuries/
– Tim Schneider, “Why New York’s Museum Pay Gap Tells a Story of American Decline,” (Links to an external site.) Artnet, August 24, 2020: https://news.artnet.com/opinion/new-york-museum-pay-gap-1903571
– Hakim Bishara, “Spreadsheet Highlights Major Income Disparities at Cultural Institutions,” (Links to an external site.) Hyperallergic, April 29, 2020: https://hyperallergic.com/560132/spreadsheet-highlights-major-income-disparities-at-cultural-institutions/
– Catherine Wagley, “Museum Workers Across the Country are Unionizing,” (Links to an external site.) Artnet, March 2, 2020: https://news.artnet.com/art-world/museum-unions-voluntary-recognition-1790097
– “The Bilbao Effect,” The Economist, August 14, 2018.
– Chloe Wyma, “1% Museum: The Guggenheim Goes Global,” Dissent, vol. 61, no. 3, Summer 2014, pp. 5-10: https://www.dissentmagazine.org/article/1-museum-the-guggenheim-goes-global
– Serafini, Paula and Chris Garrard, “Fossil Fuel Sponsorship and the Contested Museum,” in Museum Activism (Routledge, 2019), pp. 69-79.
CASE STUDIES – CORPORATE SPONSORS
please make sure to only use the sources here no other sources and Don’t use in-text citation