|Course Name: Management of Technology||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT-325||Student’s ID Number:|
|Semester: II||CRN: 23019|
|Academic Year: 2020-2021|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed usingTimes New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Course Learning Outcomes-Covered
Explain of the concepts, models for formulating strategies, defining the organizational strategic directions and crafting a deployment strategy. (Lo 1.2)
Demonstrate the dynamics of technological innovation concepts in technology-intensive business enterprises ( Lo-1.1)
Assignment 3Marks: 5
Students are requested to read the opening case of chapter 9 “Protecting Innovation” from their book Strategic Management of Technological Innovation(Page Number-197-200) of e-textbook. Based on your understanding of the case and concepts studied until now answer the following question in 300-500 words each.
1. What industry conditions led to the revolution in audio distribution described above? Which stakeholders stand to benefit most (or least) from this revolution? (1.5 marks)
2. Why did the music stores created by the record labels fail to attract many subscribers? What, if anything, should the record labels have done differently? (1 mark)
3. What factors led iTunes to be successful? (1.5 marks)
4. How do you think a move away from owning music led to record-setting music revenues? (1 mark)
NOTE: It is mandatory for the students to mention their references, sources and support each answer with at least 2 peer reviewed journal.