- Scenario: You are a school resource officer who has been tasked with creating a report to share with your community that will build awareness about local juvenile crime and prevention programs.
Write a report that consists of 2 parts:
Part 1: Data Visualization
Research statistics on populations of juvenile delinquents using the OJJDP’s Easy Access to Juvenile Populations (EZAPOP) data tool. Choose 1 of the following options to investigate:
- How 1 year’s totals compare to another year’s totals in your state
- How your county’s totals compare to your state’s totals
- How your state’s totals compare to another state’s totals
- How 1 of the sexes, races, or ethnicities compares to another demographic in your area
- How 1 age demographic compares to another in your state
- Create a visual representation of the data that shows a comparison of both groups, such as a chart, graphic image, diagram, or infographic. Do not use a table; select a visually appealing layout that your community would find easy to read and understand.
Create an image for your data visualization using an illustration tool in Microsoft® Word or PowerPoint®, or use an online drawing tool such as Piktochart® or Smore.
Part 2: Executive Summary
Write an executive summary of your findings in 250-525 words. Complete the following in your summary:
- Explain the data shown in your image. Summarize what the difference in the numbers means for juvenile crime in your area.
- Identify at least 2 diversion, intervention, or prevention programs available to juveniles in your schools or community that might help to influence future trends in the data shown in your image from Part 1. Include commentary on the efficacy of the different types of programs in your state.
- Describe strategies that families, schools, communities, or law enforcement can use to interact with these youth and help to reduce their risk for delinquency.
APA format for references and citations
error: Content is protected !!