Five Selves PowerPoint Video Presentation
EAR 28: “Five Selves” PowerPoint Video Presentation
For the past few lessons, I have lectured on the concept of the whole child and how we as teachers need to consider the whole child when developing curriculum. The whole child refers to and addresses all areas or domains of the child. These five selves are interwoven and each affects the child’s development.
This is not a written paper but rather a creative endeavor that expresses your understanding of the five selves. This must be an original project that is your own work. This Power Point assignment is a narrated presentation that defines each of the five selves and how each of the five selves are interrelated to support the nature of the whole child. The five selves for this assignment includes: 1) physical self, 2) emotional and social self, 3) cognitive self, 4) language self, 5) creative self.
Requirements for the PowerPoint Presentation (worth 50 pts)
· You will record and narrate yourself lecturing about the five selves using a power point presentation.
· The lectured presentation includes a definition of each of the five selves and how each of the five selves are interrelated to support nature of the whole child.
· You must have a title slide and a conclusion slide
· There are a minimum of 10 slides (title and conclusion slide are included) with no more than 15 slides.
· The presentation included varied choices of visuals clipart, photos, and creative font and the visuals were representative of each of the 5 selves Other optional ideas: Animation, background music, sounds, three dimensional shapes, video of your child
· The PowerPoint must include a template design that is neat, eye-catching and follows the theme of the five selves.
· Your presentation has correct spelling and grammar
· Presentation is on time and is representative of college level work, effort, and thoughtfulness