IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, OPEN THIS PAGE AGAIN AND SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FILES WITH ANSWERS.
1. Lewis has learned about critical reading in his EXP 105 class and is working on developing his skills. Lewis understands that an important aspect of critical reading includes __________.!
2. The adept mind is one that __________.
3. Critical writing __________.
4. Janice is making an effort to be actively engaged in her reading instead of simply skimming through it. She looks for pictures, graphs, and other areas of interest while reading. She also uses the highlighting tool of her e-book reading platform to highlight important sections. Janice is intentionally using her __________.
5. Cutting and pasting a writer’s words into your paper without proper citation is __________.
6. Bill is Use First for __________. He finds that he tends to skim through resources for assignments and approaches writing with a preference for demonstrating what he knows, rather than putting it into words.
7. Jeremy, whose __________ is Use First, reads his text in the same order: He reads the text, then the tables, and then the figures.
8. Julia (S25, P18, TR16, C24) intentionally uses her Learning Patterns while reading her text. Identifying the important terms that she needs to know and questioning what she is reading requires her to __________.
9. In evaluating your critical-thinking skills, you are likely looking for how often you __________.
10. Using Precision to identify the focal point of a paper and then using Sequence to develop an outline to structure the paper would be helpful for someone who uses __________ first, rather than approaching it with loosely connected thoughts and ideas.
11. What can help lead to more productive interactions with others?
12. According to Week 4 Instructor Guidance, three skills every college graduate should possess are:
13. What plays a strong role in helping you identify and analyze the Patterns of others?
14. Students who are in college will inevitably become effective readers and writers.
15. Which Pattern is called to action when you proofread your work checking for errors related to spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure.