Type of paper:
Business and Management : Business
Format or citation style:
APA (edition “APA 7”)
The Outline will consist of 4-5 pages. The Title Page and Reference Page are not included in the page count. The paper/outline describes your final research project. Each major section within your final project should be covered in this paper. The Project Outline must be in narrative form, and be descriptive enough that explains each element of your project. The use of graphics and charts is highly encouraged.
APA cover page
Abstract (1/2- 1 page)
2. Introduction to the topic, problem or thesis statement
3. Literature Review Background Research on the topic
4. Discussion of your ideas on the topic and problem
5. Discussion of new solution(s) to the problem
The final paper must have the following key sections, clearly identified, though they can be titled creatively to reflect your question and interests:
I. An introduction that states the problem and why your topic is important.
The research question, clearly and concisely stated as a question. What do you hope to answer with this research? This section should also include definition of terms.
II. Literature Review – background research on this topic
III. The results/ discussions, describes what you have learned that helps answer the research question. What are you ideas about this topic?
IV. The discussion of potential new solutions.
V. The conclusion, which summarizes the key points of the paper and suggests further research needed on this topic.
VI. A list of references in APA format.
Topics for the course project include but are not limited to:
1) The convergence of transportation congestion and transportation security at a U.S. seaport.
2) A review of past Transportation legislation while developing a new proposal to address past weaknesses and omissions.
3) The transitioning of the Defense Transportation System toward complementing best practices in supply chain management efficiently and securely.
4) A review of the U.S. economy and its impact on transportation and logistics management.
5) Identify new challenges within transportation and logistics management and develop viable solutions to these challenges.
6) Identify an emerging concept such as reverse logistics, green logistics, etc. and analyze its impact on the future of transportation and logistics management.
7) Other topics will be considered.