Type of paper:Coursework
Discipline:Art : Film
Format or citation style:APA (edition “APA 6”)
Please select any one of the film viewings from this week to analyze by answering each of the following questions.
Films can include: Hotel 22, Memoria del fuego, Acadiana, Boxing Gym, Motherland, and The Competition.
1. Briefly describe the narrative progression/structure of the film.
2. Do you think the filmmaking approach is successful? Please explain.
3. What do you think the filmmaker’s purpose was for the film?
4. Please consider the ethical treatment of the subject matter and subjects in the film.
5. Alan Rosenthal writes that observational documentaries can be seen as superficial. Do you think this is true for the film? Please explain.