PBS will be our guide in this discussion forum!
A close colleague of mine helped produce this segment and its a great primer for the discussion.
Please review the PBS segment on student hackers. You can find it here:
· http://www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/daily-videos/student-hackers-are-next-generation-of-cyber-security-experts/ (Links to an external site.)
With your knowledge from the readings, the textbook, and your own research, let’s tackle the key questions PBS raises.
Respond to one of the following questions:
· How can hackers be used to help protect the government and corporations from other hackers?
· Is it moral to hack into another government’s information if it might save lives?
· Is it moral to use hacking to protest things you disagree with?
· What are the risks and benefits of teaching college students how to hack? Would you sign up for that class? Why or why not?
Your initial post should be between 300-400 words.