1. What is environmental accounting?
2. What are the main characteristics of the conventional accounting and ecological
accounting categories? Why is the distinction necessary?
3. Explain the two major types of measure used in conventional accounting and
ecological accounting. When consideration is given to environmental issues in
accounting, what are the two main groups of information that stakeholders may
be interested in? Provide examples.
4. What is the difference between management accounting and the other two types
of conventional accounting—financial accounting and other accounting systems?
5. What is the difference between internal ecological accounting and the other two
types of ecological accounting—external ecological accounting and other ecological accounting?
6. Provide one example of a question addressed by each of the three ‘environmentally differentiated conventional accounting’ systems. What distinguishes
each of these examples from the questions addressed in ‘conventional accounting’ systems?
7. Link the following environmental transactions and events with the relevant
environmental accounting system:
A A tax on emissions of carbon dioxide
A Capital expenditure on a water-recycling plant
4. the environmental accounting framework 69
A A ‘per container’ charge on the profits of managers who do not return
empty chemical containers to a central storage area
A A tailings dam at a company mine is destroyed by an earthquake.
A Emissions of salt from a factory into a local river have increased.
A Managers plan to conserve biodiversity in the immediate surroundings of
their factory site.
8. What is a stakeholder? Why are some stakeholders interested in comparing
measures of corporate economic and ecological performance? Provide an
example in which shareholders are the stakeholder group.
9. Do stakeholders influence environmental accounting systems? Do environmental accounting systems influence stakeholders? Provide an example to
illustrate your argument
The list is limitless. Research, term papers, dissertations, thesis, editing — all options are included. Even if you have a unique type of task, our writers are creative and meticulous enough, and they know how to take care of it. The following specific types of services are what our clients require most often.