A functional healthcare system, resources and essential health services & program are the critical cornerstones of any country. The health and well-being of a country’s population is vital to its economic progress. These critical cornerstones cannot be created without partnerships. A vital goal of partnerships has been to elevate the profession of nursing in a country so as to improve the access and quality of health care and to have a positive impact upon population health and other public sectors, such as public education and public safety and security.
For this module, an assessment of a country’s major health concern will be examined and then an action plan will be created and described consisting of the strategic organization process, overall program goal, objectives to meet that goal, and interventions to accomplish those objectives.
To assess the major health issues of a country
To evaluate causes and contributory factors to major health issues of a country.
To create possible solutions with partnerships to address to major health issues of a country.
To synthesize a plan of action to resolve a major health issues of a country.
Propose strategies to implement the plan of action to resolve a major health issue of a country.
1. Exhibits self-directed learning that demonstrates professional behavior and ethics,
2. Functions successfully in multiple roles and teams showing cultural competence,
3. Exhibits a self-awareness of professional behavior through leadership and advocacy,
4. Demonstrates professional performance through research by using evidence-based methods and practices, and
5. Leverages technology to produce high-value work products.
1. Evaluate scientific underpinnings for practice.
2. Improve the quality of nursing practice, by using systems thinking, to lead organizations to change.
3. Use clinical scholarship and analytical methods to provide a foundation for evidence-based practice.
4. Use information systems and patient-care technology to improve and transform health care.
5. Advocate for improved health care policy.
6. Collaborate with professionals in other disciplines to improve patient and population health outcomes.
7. Create innovations for prevention of disease and improvement of population health.
1. Validate and evaluate the use of epidemiology to identify major global issues in public health.
3. Discuss advocacy for vulnerable populations and diversity and then demonstrate cultural sensitivity in care planning and collaboration.
5. Assess major organization that are involved in global health and synthesize knowledge of important global health priorities.
6. Formulate and propose a plan to address health concerns in regards to ethical, legal, social, and public health policy, to express a concentration on interdisciplinary collaboration.
World Health Organization – World Health Report (2013)
United Nations – Millennium Development Goals Report (2015)
Text – Global Health Care: Issues and Policies (2nd Ed.).