Some business firms publish annual reports concerning their socially responsible activities. Critics of these reports call them advertising ploys. Obtain and read one or more of the reports.
– Choose a publically traded company to research. You may use any company as long as it is publically traded and has not already been selected by a fellow classmate. To be sure that the company is publically traded, you can search for its ““ticker symbol”” on the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) website: http://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/companysearch.html (Links to an external site.). If you cannot find the ticker symbol on this site, then the company is not publically traded in the United States.
Example: Obtaining Nike Annual Report
NIKE, Inc. (NKE) NYSE (http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NKE?p=NKE)
Write a two (2) page paper in which you address the following:
1. Brief summary of the company
2. What is meant by social responsibility?
3. What activities do these firms consider socially responsible?
4. What influence might the reporting of these activities have on the firms’ management?
5. Are firms that issue these reports likely to increase these activities?
6. Support your research with at least two (2) quality academic resources: (1) scholarly journal articles, and/or peer-review, and (1) textbook (one can be from the course), from SGSC Library http://www.sgsc.edu/academics/homepage.cms Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.