You have been introduced to a local site which has recently been the subject of a planning application. Using this application as your case study, research the outcome of the planning application and produce a report of your findings.
Your report must include:
• The outcome of the planning decision and the likely impact of its findings on the local community
• An explanation of what is meant by public participation
• An explanation of the key stages in the current planning process illustrated with examples
• A discussion of the efficiency of the planning system for the case in question
• A description of the role of two key groups or figures engaged in the formal proceedings of a planning meeting
• An identification of the main current underpinning legislation of the Scottish Planning system
• A conclusion relating the advice and guidance given in the planning decision to relevant national policy and guidance
You may use photographs, maps and diagrams to illustrate your report.
Suggested word count 1500 words.
What you have to do
Write a 1250-1500 word report on the chosen case study for the impact of the planning system on the rural resources.
This should include:
1. A brief description of the development
2. A description of the planning process and procedures
3. A description of the sections of the planning system relevant to the developer (from national to local)
4. A considered evaluation of how effective the planning procedure was for the given example
5. For your given example, give reasons, as to whether the development should have gone ahead in your opinion
You must include relevant material covered in class:-
• National Planning (NPF and SPP)
• Local Development Plan
• The role of 2 Statutory consultees
• Public consultation/involvement