This assignment requires Ambulatory Care Coding experience.
You CAN NOT google these questions for the answers.
Must be CPC, CCS, or RHIT certified coder.
Please check 40 that are answered, 40 that are unanswered.
Need by 09.16.2015
Ambulatory Care Coding
10. Principles of ICD-9-CM coding for ambulatory care encounters includes.
A. Ambulatory care diagnoses should be coded to the highest of certainly at the conclusion of the encounter.
B. Code suspected diagnoses as if the disease or injury existed.
C. conditions previously treated and no longer existing are coded.
D.Only the most significant diagnosis should be coded.
D.Center for medicare and Medicaid services.
C. Level 2 code
24. Bisch of procedure
25. Open reduction of fracture of the distal fibula with internal fixation
26. Transurethral resection of prostate following urethral dilation.
27. Repeat cry cautery of the cervix.
28. Two facial lacerations are repaired with layer closure. One is 10 cm and the other is 3 cm.
29. Esophagoscopy for removal of foreign, body is coded.
30. Simple hemorrhoidectomy, internal and external with fistulectomy.
31. Arthroscopy of knew with synovial biopsy.
32. A patient develops difficulty during surgery and the physician discontinues the procedure, identify the modifier that may be reported by the physician to indicate that the procedure was discontinued.
33. EGD with laser destruction of a pedunculated polyp in the duodenum.
34. What is the correct code assignment for ligation of four hemorrhoids?
A. 46945, 46946
C. 46900, 46910
35. Which of the following is vital for determing why an insurance company paid less than expected?
36. To properly link the diagnosis to the service what should be listed in box 24 of the CMS_1500 claim form?
37. Which set of percentages is correct for initial hospital services, 99221 65, 99222 296, 99223 362, 99231 261, 99232 410, 99233 174
38. A claim is denied because the CPT code and place of service code do not match. Where would the coder look to solve this problem for the future?
B. Fee schedule database
39. A patient presents with a closed fracture of the supracondylar humerus and receives open treatment with intercondylar: How should this be coded?
40. Red blood cell count, differential white blood cell count, and platelet count automated, is coded as?
C. 85041, 85004, 85049
41. An asthmatic patient is treated with two nebulizer inhalation treatment on the same day by the same physician, using prefilled vials of 0.5 mg of albuterol and 2.5 mg normal saline. How is this coded?
42. A catheter is placed into the renal pelvis for injection. The same physician perfors both the injections and the supervision and interpretation. How is this coded?
43. Magnetic resonanceimagaing cholangiopancreatograpy on a 25 year old male
44. A rapid influenza test is performed with a commercial test kit. When complete, the technician visually reads the results as positive, how is this procedure coded?
45. Some reconstructive plastic surgical procedures are performed in multiple stages. What modifier should the surgeon report when the patient is returned to sugery for a planned stage procedure?
46. Accu-check home blood glucose monitor
47. CT of maxillofacial area, with and without contrast.
48. Two- view x-ray of sacrum and cocoyy
D. 82607, J3420
49. What is the correct code for a nonabsorption vitamin B_12 level?
50. RS&I of bilateral extremity angiograph
51. When clinical laboratory tests are reported on the same day, what modifier should be assigned?
52. In addition to the claim submitted by the surgeon, the assistant surgeon bills for his or her services. What modifier does the assistant surgeon attach to the procedure code?
53. A female patient about undergo chemo, decided to harvest and store eggs for later attempts at pregnancy. How is the laboratory service of storage coded?
54. Visual acuity screening
55. Comprehensive opthalmology evaluation for a new patient.
56. Binaural hearing aid check
57. Individual interactive psychotherapy, outpatient, 50 minutes.
D. 90834, 90784
58. EEG, awake and sleep
59. With the use of imaging, the patient had a percutaneous needle core biopsy of the left brest.
60. Barium enema with KUB
61. Planned sigmoidoscopy with removal of foreign body under conscious sedation, procedure not completed due to hypotension. How would the physician report this?
62. Comprehensive oral examination
63. A radiologist interprest x-ray for a community hospital. The equipment belongs to the hospital. What modifier should the radiologist append to his CPT code?
64. Replacement of a nonprogrammable epidural drug infusion pump
65. Initiation and management of continuous positive airway pressure ventilation
66. Removal of foreign body from cornea using a slit lamp
67. Cervical collar, foam, un-adjustable
68. Hearing aid, monaural, behind the ear.
69. The physician provides a patient covered by commercial insurance with a peak flow meter to use at home.
70. The physician performs an arthroscopic debridement of the shoulder, extensive, with chondroplasty and abrasion, arthroplasty. An arthroscopic mumford procedure is also performed. How is this coded?
71. The modifier used to report therapeutic interventional procedures on the right coronary artery is.
72. The physician performs an open repair of the medical meniscus of right knee: How is this coded.
73. Modified radical mastectomy
74. The physician treats a patient who has osteomyelitis of the left scapula following a past injury. A piece of dead bone is removed from the body of the scapula. How is this coded?
75. The physician performed a partial avulsion of the nail plate of the left thumb.
76. Surgical sinus endoscopy with spenoidotomy
77. Percutaneous thrombectomy of AV Fistual Graft
78. Prosthetic aortic value placement, using CP bypass
79. Diagnostic lumber puncture
80. Catheterization of Eustachian tubes, tympanic approach